Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day 1: 36 Miles

Picked up my new bike today. Aurora the warrior was brought to life by the hands of the bike mechanic Matt. Matt quickly won the hearts of Lotte and I with the vegetable tatoos sprouting up his arm. In fact there was a large beet that spread over his knockles. He fitted me to the bike, added some accessories. Instant Touring Bike Chick in 60 minutes. Add water and watch her grow.

We happily left Eugene behind. Every person we encountered seemed to have something slightly off about them. There was a bike parade of about thirty people however that we joined on our way out of town. Almost as if they were seeing us off.

The Aurora is the smoothest bike I have ever rode.

The beginnig of the ride was adorned with rolling Oregonian farm land and llamas.

Around 6 pm my pedal broke and I fell from the bike.

Ouch.

As the clouds rolled in we powered on. We made it to the small Riveside Inn before dusk.

No comments: